The heating has been shut down due to a gas leak. As a result - NO SCHOOL! Woop, woop!!
Sadly the decision to close the school was taken after I'd started the commute with Mark. As a result I had to take him to work, then drive the 30-odd miles back home again. This afternoon I'll have to drive back over there to get him. Expensive and time consuming - but there's nothing else I could do really.
So what am I going to do with my unexpected day of freedom...
- I went to my parent's house and had a second breakfast with them.
- I've caught up on all your news.
- I'm going to do some paperwork that would otherwise hang over into the 'holidays' - probably some Year 9 reports.
- I'm going to finished reading this months 'Handmade with Love' and spend some time on the internet seeing if I can source the 'Washi Tape' that they're raving about.
- I'm going to do some more work on my 'Spring Flowers'-themed crochet project.
- I'm going to select photos to go in a collage for the back bedroom. (A job I've been putting off but now needs to be done - my M-i-L is arriving on Saturday and she bought me the frame for Christmas!!!)
- I'm going to finish sorting the Easter eggs and presents for next weekend - probably on the way out this afternoon.
Mark has suggested that - should the school be closed for longer - we go and collect all these folders on the way home tonight. I don't think he realises the scale of the problem. All the coursework from 62 candidates is more than a couple of carrier bags!!!!
Oh well - I think I'm just going to have stop being such a control freak and 'chill and enjoy' for the moment. What will be, will be....!