Pages

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Remembrance of Things Past..

Mark and I 'got lucky' with the weather when we booked a short break in Swanage just before Easter.  We parked the car at the hotel and walked everywhere for four days.  It was a great way to get rid of the last of the 'winter fug' and a lovely chance for me to revisit one of my teenage haunts.


I've shared some of my teenage memories here on the WordPress blog.  I hope that they amuse you!


Since we got back I've gone down with a cold and chesty thing, which laid me a little low for Easter weekend itself.  Fortunately Mum and Sister decided that they wanted to do all the big family meals, so all I had to do was sit quietly in a corner and try not to cough.  The bug seems to be clearing my system now.... I expect that I'll feel fine by the time I go back to work next Monday!!!


Mark moved his holidays so that we could have the break in Swanage.  As a result it's been really quiet around here since Monday.  Yesterday I caught up with all the 'niggly' jobs that have been tormenting me for weeks (dealing with charity shop bags, rag bags, cleaning the cat flap...) so today I feel 'super-virtuous'!


It won't last.....!!!!!
I hope you are all having a good week.
Jx

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you posted here today--I have missed you!!! That coughing thing has been going its rounds here in the area too. Luckily, it missed this wee home. I shall go to your other blog and check out your childhood haunts. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered where you had got to Jan. Hope you are feeling better soon. I think Tony and I have been struck down by the Norovirus bug this last few days (we suspect caught by visiting Tony's dad in hospital) so a quiet ish Easter break for us. I loved the musings on your other blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a lovely break Jan, it sounded perfect. Hope you feel better really soon.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you've been unwell over Easter but it is nice to hear from you. I've had a look at your other blog and have figured out where the comments box was hiding - I couldn't find it last time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely break you've had, I love revisiting places from my childhood, they bring back so many memories. Hope you're feeling a little better, it's no fun being ill when you've got some time off work.

    ReplyDelete