Pages

Sunday 9 December 2012

Taking a break..

Having spent most of Thursday morning in tears over work-related issues, I forced myself to take a complete break this weekend.  Mark and I pottered over to Startford on Avon yesterday.  We found several great 'Antique/Junk' shops where I found a lovely Spode plate for a bargain price.  We also spent ages in a fabulous vintage accessory shop that was tucked away in a side street.
 
Today we did the food shop then organised ourselves to do a completely new walk in the area.  This involved a couple of miles of the Wychavon Way, then a spell of canal-side walking before returning to Droitwich via some lovely quiet lanes.
 
Here are some of the canal boats moored at Hanbury Warf (on the Birmingham to Worcester Canal)
 
 
We even found a sheltered spot to eat our picnic.  These benches are on the junction of the Droitwich and Birmingham/Worcester canals.  In the summer it's really busy but today it was really peaceful..

 
I couldn't resist this view of the rather sodden Worcestershire countryside...

 
Tomorrow morning I'm going to have a meeting with our Deputy Head and I hope that some of the things that have been making life difficult at school will be mentioned - if not resolved. 
 
Fingers crossed!!!!  I hope that you all have a good week.
 
Jx

12 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    Thanks for your wishes on my blog. I just wanted to say to you, I hope things get sorted for you very very soon regarding work. Being in tears over a job is not the way it should be (I have been there too) especially when all you are doing is your best. Keep your chin up sweetie.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that things are still trying at work for you. I hope your meeting tomorrow will resolve some of the issues as it's awful having to go to work when you're unhappy. It sounds like you've managed to have a lovely relaxing weekend though, it will have done you good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan you do take the loveliest walks. I hope this one refreshed your spirits and helped to re-charge your batteries. Good luck tomorrow. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for you Jan, as being unhappy at work is an awful thing to endure. I really hope the meeting resolves matters. It's good to hear that you managed to get away from it all over the weekend. The vintage accessory shop sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stress of an unhappy situation at work can really be hard on you. Here's hoping there will be a turn-around next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel for you with the stress you are going through at work. Hopefully you will be able to resolve things. At least your lovely walk will have helped ease the stress temporarily. Good luck for tomorrow. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan, There is nothing more disheartening than being down over work related issues. I do hope all is resolved tomorrow. My thoughts are with you. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jan, I really hope you have got things sorted out.We spend a lot of our time at work and its horrible when something makes you so unhappy you dont want to be there.Maybe you are ready for a break?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, it's horrible when you are unhappy at work, I do hope things get better for you very soon. I'm envious of your visit to Stratford-upon-Avon, it is always lovely at Christmas time:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that things clear up for you at work. It must be hard going to a job where you are so unhappy. Hopefully things will be better.
    Hugs....Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely way to relax when your feeling so upset. Sending you a big hug from 'down under' Have a wonderful Christmas break. Thinking of you. Hugs Sue xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just popping by to wish you a very merry Christmas. I hope you have a wonderful time over the holiday period.

    ReplyDelete