Pages

Sunday 6 January 2013

My Resolutions for 2013...

Some years I dont bother with resolutions at all.  The end of 2012 was so grim that I've felt the need to 'put my house in order' for 2013.  Here are my challenges..

- Work may take up lots of my time but it must no longer take up all of my physical and emotional energy.

- Walk as much as possible - I know it always makes me feel better.

- Get out in the evenings.... and stop being a slave to our early (5.45) get up.

- Stop the endless negative imaginary conversations with toxic colleagues.

Oh yes...., I also intend to teach myself German!

Progress so far? Well I've walked 12 miles this weekend; told myself off thoroughly when the dreaded inner voice started; made some social arrangements for this week and borrowed a textbook from the Modern Languages department at school.

I'll explain a bit more about the German challenge in the next post.
Jx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jan
    I sypathise about the 'inner voice' sapping your energy and positivity - I am terrible that way too, lots of inner conversations going on. I am also reevaluating things in my day to day life.
    Good luck and Happy New Year
    sally x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These seem like some good resolutions. I'm hoping to walk more too this year - a combination of bad weather and last weather has put us really out of the habit, we used to go walking most weekends and I'm hoping to get back into it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand completely about the imaginary conversations - I've been in some very unhappy workplaces in my time, and I know that K will be feeling miserable tonight at the thought of having to go back to work tomorrow. She's a teacher too, with a long commute on 2 buses :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very brave to make resolutions - but they are good ones which I am sure you will stick to! My main one is to stop giving myself a hard time when I'm not as perfect as I would like to be, and trying to live up to other peoples expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great resolutions. You're off to a great start with your walking. I'm hoping to get back in to my walking again too, now that Archie can go for longer walks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good resolutions! Like you I want to try and walk more this year and like you I tend to go through secenarios of people and places in my head and talk myself out of doing things, I must try to stop doing that:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great start! I made some resolutions so far, and it was just the kick I needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing good! I think we all need a jump start once in awhile and the new year is as good a time as any.

    ReplyDelete