Pages

Monday 7 October 2013

Under a Huge October Sky...

I can't resist photos of dramatic skies....
 
 
These were taken at Castle Combe Racing Circuit over the weekend...

 
As the sun went down there were some magical shots to be snapped.
I'm not that keen on DeLorean sports cars but this one was posing nicely..

 
..and the curves and shadows of the fences were begging to be captured too..

 
The following day we were back at the circuit for a day of racing from
the Vintage and Historic Racing Car Clubs.
 
 
I'm always fascinated by the detail on the old cars.
The 'Art Nouveau' number plate on this little French car particularly caught my eye..

 
I also had a little play with the photo opportunities provided by two
Jaguar E-types with their huge bonnets raised.
Shortly afterwards the owner of the first car (Number 28) invited me to sit in the drivers seat.
It was a great chance to get a 'racing driver's eye' view of the world...

 
I love the way people with lots of different enthusiasms get involved in these historic events.
We found a group of Mods and Rockers at the back of the track, getting ready to ride display laps during the lunch break...

 
No fighting... Just lots of shiny bikes and scooters!

 
Here's Number 28 during the afternoon racing session..
 
 
..and the Vintage Sports cars lining up to take to the track

 
This is one of my favourite photos of the weekend.
These two Vintage cars were being raced at full speed round the final corner in the final lap
of their race, driven by two brothers.  The number 4 car just stayed ahead and gained third place.

 
And here's Mark - completely absorbed in a parts catalogue for a local
Automotive engineering company.

 
~X~
 
As I've been writing this I've had the poor people who were injured at the race circuit in America in my mind.  I'm also thinking of the 79 people injured, and the families of the 8 people killed by the Monster Truck at the display in Mexico.
 
We were lucky to have a lovely safe day.
 
~X~

7 comments:

  1. Oh no I had not heard about the accidents! Though Im not much of a car buff I absolutely love the photos of the skies!!
    Amazing photography!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of those accidents as I read your post. My Fred was such a racing fan and a vintage car fan. He raced stock cars in his younger days. I don't care for watching the races at all, but I do love going to the vintage car shows. Lovely photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful skies and I love the Art Nouveau number plate:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those skies are fantastic, a real photo opportunity. Glad you had a good weekend, it looks like a varied event with something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very dramatic skies over Castle Combe Racing Track. The vintage cars and the
    Mods and Rockers would have been good to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful skies and a photo opportunity not to miss. Glad you enjoyed your day.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos, loved the clouds and the Jags especially.

    ReplyDelete