Pages

Friday 23 March 2012

Doodles and Crochet

I love today's 'Google Doodle' and couldn't resist popping into this post.  Before today I'd never heard of Juan Gris and had no idea that it's the 125th anniversary of his birth.  To be honest I'm not that keen on cubism generally but the musical theme going on here is really cool.

Thanks to all of you who commented on my last post.  Most of the blanket was done over the last two weeks during my commute.  I'm also working on a larger throw for the lounge - which started out as my first ever piece of crochet in Bournemouth.  This has gone past fifty rows now so it's a pretty large square and also quite heavy.  It's not terribly conveniant to wrestle with it in the passenger seat of the car.  My plan is to complete the throw at home in the evenings and start a complimentary cushion cover during the commute until Easter. 

After Easter the baby arrives and we will know whether to crochet in pink or blue.  My colleague hopes that she's having a boy - but nothing is certain in  these things!

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine that your throw is rather heavy by now, I think you've made the most sensible decision to start something new for your commute. It will be nice to crochet something in an appropriate colour for the baby, though neutral colours are also nice.

    ReplyDelete