Pages

Thursday 22 December 2011

Anyone for fuss?


My dearly beloved cat and general child replacement - Tom - loves the fact that I'm around for fuss, cuddles and company during the holiday.  He's not so keen on the upheaval of having guests and will do anything he can to get in the way.  This was his idea of being helpful while I was preparing the back bedroom for Mother-in-law this morning.  He knows that he's not supposed to be in this bedroom at all, which is why he was purring loudly while this photo was being taken.

Last night he was all over my Mum after my Sister and her family had left.  I think cats can be as sensitive as dogs when they want to be - and it was clear that Mum was feeling a bit down.  Christmas is always difficult to manage when there's family and in-laws all over the country.  This is the first time in three years that Sister's gone to Derbyshire, but Mum sets a lot of store in us all being together.  Tom could sense that she was working hard to maintain a 'stiff upper lip' and did his complete "I think you're marvellous routine".  Fortunately she's a cat lover and didn't mind being rolled all over, patted and licked for the best part of an hour.

I was quite proud of him, really!

3 comments:

  1. He looks quite cozy in those bed covers.Do you have a Christmas tree? I was wondering if the kitty likes the tree as well?
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Tom's gorgeous. We used to have a cat and I do miss him. I'd love another but Daniel's allergic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, i have popped over from through the keyhole blog! I notice you are a cat lover too and I have enjoyed seeing all your lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete