Pages

Friday 30 December 2011

Next Christmas...

One of our local garden centres has 50% off some really nice-quality products so I'm buying ahead for 2012.  So far I've got Royal Horticultural Society melamine sandwich tray for £3.50; some Clover coasters with a musical design for £2.50; and some Heathcote and Ivory 'festive flavour' hand cream for £3.50.  I'll store them away in the 'present cupboard' as they'll make great gifts for next year without 'breaking the bank'.
On the whole I felt that the cost of the festive season didn't spiral too far out of control this year.  One of my most successful presents for my husband was a 'cut glass style' champagne flute from one of the local charity shops filled with three Thornton's heart-shaped champagne truffles.  Total cost - £3.00!  Admittedly, the sparkling wine that found it's way into the glass later on was a bit more expensive but... it was Christmas!!!

I allowed myself one morning of sales shopping and a fixed budget of £100.00.  This worked brilliantly.  I got a gorgeous cream and blue cardigan from Monsoon; a navy blue straight skirt and black/red/russet dress from House of Frazer; a blue top from M+S and a really pretty blue cardigan from TKMax.  All these items will 'give a lift' to stuff that I've already got in my wardrobe.  I'm almost looking forward to going back to work so that I can start dressing up again!

2 comments:

  1. You've done well with your bargains. The only thing I've bought in the sales this year is a 2012 calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so admire those who can find a great bargain! (also someone who looks forward to going back to work!)
    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete