Pages

Sunday 1 January 2012

Fun on New Years Eve



Last night we saw the New Year in with a group of our closest friends.  For many years we have gone for the concept of a themed dinner party on New Year's Eve and this year's theme was 'Best of British'.  We all go in fancy dress that fits with the theme - so last night Husband went out in his full academic hood, gown and mortar board while I dressed as his sexy student!  (I promise that a photo will follow - I just need to get a copy from my friend's camera!!)

This year my lovely friend who hosts the evening surpassed herself..  This was our starter - a selection of Worcestershire cooked meats, cheese and pickles..


We then had local roast beef and all the trimmings, followed by this delicious selection of puddings.  Notice the red, white and blue theme!!!


We watched the amazing fireworks from London, set off a few of our own in the back garden, then walked back in the small hours of the morning.  The weather was incredibly mild so the walk - which is about a mile and a half - was a real pleasure.

Hope that you all had a fantastic New Years Eve.  Happy 2012!


4 comments:

  1. What a great theme for a party. We had a quiet New Year's Eve, it took me all my time to keep my eyes open to see the new year in, it's not often that I stay up late. Happy New Year and all the very best for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful. We had an early night but woke up when the fireworks started going off at midnight! I cant stay up late these days.X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great evening with your friends! Happy New Year:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Slimming World tonight for me! These look LUSH!

    ReplyDelete