This is a little project that I started in the busy times just before Christmas and finished the other afternoon. It was a way of finishing off a few of the part-used silks that I've collected over years and years of cross-stitching. I've worked a range of tapestry stitches on a fairly fine canvas. I decided to make myself a pin cushion after 30 years of abusing the arms of the sofa!
The finished work before I stitched up the corners
And the bottom!
In reality I think I prefer the bottom to the top so these labels are pretty arbitry! Anyway, I was really taken with the effect of the stitch on the left. As a result I've already started something new - a complete experiment - where I'm going to use this stitch to create a mount for a piece of cross stitch. I'm making good progress down the first side already.
My new years resolution is to pick up a needle every day!